CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Monday, March 3, 2008

PostHeaderIcon my cousin turned 30!

Janel is one of my best friends. She is an amazing person with a heart of gold. She is a great listener and and a great friend, I'm blessed that not only is she my friend she is my family. They say you dont get to choose who your family is, but your stuck dealing with them forever, and this may ring true for many people in our family Janel is not one of them. I would choose her over and over. We often joke that were separated at birth, or were meant to be sisters. We are two of a kind, definitely cut from the same cloth.
We have very similar qualities, hobbies and now lead very similar lives, Janel met a great man, her perfect match, who at the time had a 1 1/2 year old daughter. Her name is April, and she is 6 months older than Brynn, They too are best friends! She is always there for me, as we have to deal with very similar issues, it nice to have someone that understands exactly what your going threw and feeling!
Here's to you Janel, and to a lifetime of friendship!

Today is her 30th Birthday. Wow it seems like just yesterday we were sliding down her hillside in soda flats, hair a mess, still in our pj's. Or sleeping on the air mattress on the deck at grandmas during the summer but that was about 20 years ago...its amazing how time flies. I spent the weekend with Janel and her mom, My Auntie Claudia. We did girly things like facials and pedicures, a little shopping that the outlets and a great dinner at a little sea food dive in Moss Landing. We followed that on Sunday with a leasurly breakfast where i had the best omelet I've ever tasted! We took the dogs to Monteray bay and they had the time of there lives! I had a great weekend! The weather was beautiful. Chomper liked the beach but was less than thrilled that i made him walk all 3 miles! he was exhausted when we got back to the car, and slept the entire 5 hour ride home!

1 COMMENTS:

Sarah Michele said...

Poor Chomper legs :)

You are so fortunate to have such a good friend- and have her be family too! Although the best friends in life become family anyway huh? Great pics by the way!