CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Monday, March 3, 2008

PostHeaderIcon Frog cake!

Well February 29th is a very special day, it happens only once every four years. That is pretty special, BUT in our family February 29th is special for a different reason! It is Jonnys birthday. Jonny is my nephew, He turned 4 this leap day, but his 1st REAL birthday! So in true leap day fashion his mommy planned a great frog themed party for him! And since I have a new found love of baking cakes, I offered to be the cake maker for his special day! I spent hours looking online for that perfect cake, and let me tell you there are some many great forg cakes out there. But the one that caught my eye, there was something about this cake i knew Jonny would just love. So i thougt about it and how i could make it a little different, and a little more "jonny" and i figured it out. The cake i saw was just a frog, very cute, and tasty looking, with one lone fly made of frosting on the cake board. I would make a frog but i would make MANY flys. I fashioned these flys on mini cupcakes and surrounded the Frog. I also placed a Fly Directly on his tounge. Jonny did love this, as did brynn and as i made it i watched her salivate and dream of stuffing her little face full of cake! The cake turned out great! it was such a hit with the kids! Im already trying to think of more reasons and events to make cakes for, I have so many ideas! We have a graduation coming up in our family...perhaps that.....

3 COMMENTS:

Sarah Michele said...

I appreciated the cake more than you know! We got so many compliments on it and I let everyone know it was you! You really did do a great job. I'll let ya know if I think of any cake-needing events. Maybe Easter? Hmmm....

Marni's Organized Mess said...

You rock! That's an awesome cake!

Vicki said...

Ribbit...and it tasted good too!